2 Apr 2012

Korea so far

Ok. Day 2 and sitting a cute coffee shop and listening to John Mayor and finally soaking the fact that I'm in really in South Korea. The first day it felt like was still in japan just in different part of Japan. But some things definitely tell me I've left now.

First thing I noticed was the display I public affection, that was definitely something you don't see much of in Japan. Next thing was the lack of Japanese vehicles but the biggest thing was the outward distaste for the Japanese people. When I arrived at the guesthouse and I sat down with other local guests and I without thinking said something to my friend in Japanese one of the women said no we Koreans don't like the Japanese and the others nodded. It definitely shocked me I didn't expect to hear that so calmly said but even though that was said Japanese culture is here and accepted. Many of the guests had a basic understanding of Japanese so those with low levels of English spoke to us in Japanese. Well let's not judge an entire people by the words of the few.

Even though I had that situation I gotta say i like a lot of things here cost of living is much lower than Japan so money goes a lot further, there is a lot of things to see in busan to the point I had to cancel my trip to seoul because there is so much stuff I still want to see.

Time to get out of here and go and explore some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment