26 Mar 2012

South Korea for spring vacay YAY!!


Spring vacation is here now so no classes and no sense in me sitting at my desk and doing nothing so time for a new adventure! As much as I love exploring around Japan it's time to start taking advantage of my geographical location and start seeing some of the nearby countries .. first stop SOUTH KOREA!! SOOOO EXCITED!! I've wanted to go to Korea since I was a teen when I started participating in Tae Kwon Do the Korean national sport and now I'm going to go yay!!

Given ALTs are given so few vacation days I gotta make my trips count I'll be going for 5 days heading first to the southern city of Busan and going to see as much as humanly possible. Right now I'm still finalizing where I want to see and how to get there because as normal I want to go EVERYWHERE but with limited time gotta be sensible and pick key places and move out from there. The big plus is going with friends who have been there before to point me in the right directions and to hold me back from  jumping at every sale sign in shop windows.

As much I normally don't consider a trip that doesn't include shopping til I drop much of a vacation I don't think this trip with be that kind of trip (not gonna lie I will do a bit but I don't think I'll need to be dragged out of stores this time). Going there means going to the Mecca of sport that meant so much to me when I was younger and this trip will be more to take in the culture and sights as much as I can and it's a great opportunity to compare another Asian country to Japan. The first thing I checked for was if Korea had a bullet trains because they are my favourite thing here.

What I think I'm going to check out. Going to super glue my camera to my hand

  • Historical Sites
  • Cultural events
  • Food districts
  • Fashion distracts 
  • Tae Kwon Do (CAN'T GO TO KOREA AND NOT CHECK THAT OUT!! dunno if i'm gonna participate old and rusty now lol)
  • Art districts

No comments:

Post a Comment