5 Mar 2012

MEDS MEDS MEDS!

Anybody looking to move to Japan the 3 things you MUST NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT western strength toothpaste, deodorant and MEDICINE. Yeah sure you can import the first 2 but the last bit u might need to get creative to get it in.

These 3 things here are extremely weak and toothpaste doesn't have fluoride and the other 2 half the strength. Unfortunately I'm rationing my medicine from home since I've been sick a lot lately so it's pretty depleted. Yet again I used the medicine the doc gave me and it works while you take it (and prepare to be shocked by the insane amounts you have to take for anything) and as soon and the dosages are finished I find that I'm still sick! These things are more suppressants than anything else, frustrating. The mind blowing thing is that a lot of over the counter meds we would get back home are ILLEGAL in Japan!!!! Example NyQuil but if u have it at he airport and you found with it no worries it will just be taken from you no cuffs lol. Things like panadols are fine and some cough syrups are ok from outside.

I should have brought more meds from home. Ah well...

2 comments:

  1. Carson C. Cadogan5 March 2012 at 13:37

    Just take it easy, you are on a learning curve. Remember you are no longer in Barbados, things will be different!

    Be more diplomatic with your headlines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose but was frustrated but at the same time it's not a lie that medicine here is very weak in comparison to medicine in the west and it's difficult and time consuming to take that much medication and still be sick after .. for me especially with my problem with my throat. But at the end of the day regardless of where you are have to wait out illness when you just want to be better in a snap and that's never the case.

      Delete