15 Mar 2012

JUST GOT AN AMAZING ASSIGNMENT!!

I know I'm always singing my base school's praises but it honestly deserves it. My principal has just given me an amazing opportunity! He is very interested in helping me promote Japan to Barbadian public and beyond and now he has given me permission to spend my summer exploring Japan so I can write about my experiences! I can't tell you how amazing this is! Normally we are expected to stay at work during summer vacation while the students are away and honestly do nothing ... a waste!! I love that Bob (my nickname for the principal) and I on the same page and we both want to spread the Japan message any way we can. So I've decided to spend about 2 weeks going around Japan! I CAN'T WAIT!!


I have a lot of planning to to do now .. where to go, what to do, what to see, what to avoid. I really want to focus a lot on what makes Japan an interesting place to live but I don't want to focus heavily on the mainstream stuff too much. When I asked my friends to tell me some things they would like me to look at of course I got the obvious "anime", "cars", "video games" answer because let's face it it's insanely popular for those things. These things are fine but there is so much more to look at like places historical places, pop culture, food, fashion, up and coming technology etc. I have so many ideas but now I have to narrow it down.

I definitely want to learn about Japan and I want to compare and contrast it to my country and make it interesting. I'm really excited about I want to go to major cities and surrounding areas, it will be self funded which I absolutely don't mind at all I have five months to plan and save and finalise everything. The icing on the cake would be to have my parents come with me to experience it with me. I don't think they realise how much my schools want them to come to Japan out of sheer respect for being ok with me living in Fukushima. They ask me all the time "When are they coming? When do we get to meet them and take them around? I know some great places you should take them!"

Well .. when are you coming people? Let's go explore!!

2 comments: