23 Feb 2012

Hunt for a dentist


Moving to another country has its perks; fresh start, new possibilities and blah blah blah. But the thing about moving is that fresh start means having to do every from scratch.

One of the first things I started to look for was an English speaking doctor. It's important yeah but I HATE doctors I always have but here people go to the doctor quickly at the first sign of trouble which is wise but I don't I literally try to run away when I get sick and my teachers want to take me.

Now the hunt is on for an English speaking dentist. I hate them too, maybe it's the white coat thing that just turns me off or the white sterile feel of medical centers but I get that "bolt" feeling when I hear that name too. But I've decided to get braces while I'm here. I would have waited until after Japan to do it back home but I honestly don't know when I want to do that.

You have to brace yourself when it comes to hearing the price of having braces done in Japan. My medical insurance doesn't cover orthodontics so you're gonna feel the full weight of the price which could be (depending on how much work you need) up to about $7000/$8000 US. The upside Japan is on the cutting edge of orthodontics and you can complete you procedure in half the time with really reasonable payment plans. I prefer not to wait and get it over with. If I can't find a car this month I'll start the procedure as soon as I find a suitable dentist although I would prefer to have a car first.

No comments:

Post a Comment