1 Dec 2011

Bye bye tropical warmth. Hello Japanese cold.


One thing that any caribbean person moving here will have no choice to deal with is the cold. Like many of the caribbean alts that arrived with me this will be out first winter experience.

For some their winter experience will drastically differ from others. Many of my counterparts have strategically opted more southern locations not just for what can be found there but the milder winter season as well. I however opted to go north and with that choice comes the bitter cold.

I have to admit I was lured here by he snowboarding and other winter activities. The way I see it, if you're going to be cold, might as well get the most out of it. From the beginning of autumn the temperature drastically from a comfy temp of 22 C to l0 C with lows of 2 degrees. I guess I'm a little strange but I went from dreading the temperature to absolutely loving it.

Maybe I'm just a big kid at christmas but I'm excited by every new experience. Seeing snow on the mountains, seeing my breath in the air still makes me giggle and I love winter wear. Everything is still so new to me. I wonder if I'll get winter blues? Hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment